Main menu

Alcester South SNT Update

Welford Incidents
  • Theft of Caravan. Binton Road. White Tabbert, Rossini model, single axle caravan stolen. Taken between 8th and 15th August. 0427 15/08/2018. Photo on our Twitter page.

Alcester and Bidford Community Forum

The next forum has been organised for Tuesday 18th September. To take place at Bidford School. There will be an opportunity to speak to Police Representatives from 6.30pm with the main forum starting at 7pm. All are welcome to attend. Further details can be found on the website –

Neighbour disputes

We would all like to live in peace with our neighbours, but unfortunately that is sometimes not how things work out. Here’s what you can do if you are having problems. Unless a crime has been committed or someone is in immediate danger, the police are unlikely to intervene in neighbour disputes. However, we’ll put you in touch with the groups and organisations who can help.


  • I’m having a dispute with a neighbour about our property boundaries. If you can’t find an amicable solution with your neighbour, we suggest seeking the advice of a solicitor to resolve this. You could also contact your bank, building society, or whoever holds your deeds, to confirm the boundaries. The following resources may also be of use: •The Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)   •The Land Registry
  • I’m having a dispute with a neighbour about their CCTV camera pointing at my property – Many people are installing closed circuit television (CCTV) as a home security measure as it has proved to be an effective tool in fighting crime. Cameras used for limited household purposes are not subject to the Data Protection Act 1998. However, if the footage covers areas beyond this, such as neighbouring streets or other properties, problems may arise. There could be issues regarding privacy and harassment if you are being recorded in your home. In the first instance, speak to your neighbour to see if it’s possible to reposition the camera so that it does not point at your property. If this is not successful, and you want to take further action, we recommend seeking legal advice from a solicitor. •To find a local independent solicitor visit The Law Society web site .
  • My neighbour plays music to an excessive level – The prosecuting authority in England for noise nuisance is your local authority. The police within England and Wales have very limited powers to deal with noise nuisance. Police should be contacted if there is a risk of harm to an individual or damage to their property. They should also be contacted if there is a person present at the private dwelling who has been identified as vulnerable. Where domestic violence is suspected to be linked to the noise please contact the police as soon as possible on 999. Issues such as faulty house and car alarms or music from nearby entertainment premises or pubs can cause annoyance and stress to residents if not addressed. More often than not making people aware of the problem will resolve it. If the noise is coming from a private dwelling, or as a result of a party within a private dwelling, then contact your local authority. In certain circumstances it may not be appropriate for a member of the public to attempt to approach the noisy party, for example a vulnerable person is involved. In such cases where vulnerability is an issue please contact 101 and allow the police to make an assessment as to the most appropriate course of action to resolve the issue. A noise complaint can be made to your local council on line. Stratford on Avon District Council: . If you live in a rented property or local housing then please contact your landlord or the housing association who will be able to provide relevant support and guidance. Further advice on what to do to resolve a neighbour dispute can be obtained from the Gov.UK website . This independent website also offers .
  • Dogs fouling and barking – Dog mess is not just a public nuisance, it is also a threat to health. However it is not a policing matter. Please follow this link to report – Stratford on Avon District . Dog barking. In the first instance, you should contact your neighbour direct as they may be completely unaware of the noise their pet is making. You should report this issue as a noise nuisance to your local authority. If you believe a dog is being neglected or abused, you have a duty of care toward the animal and should report this. In the first instance, the Royal Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA). You can report this on the following link . Contact the RSPCA’s 24-hour cruelty line on 0300 1234 999. Alternatively, call your local district council or report this to Warwickshire Police on 101.

Leave a Reply


Welford on Avon traffic safety questionnaire