Alcester South SNT Update
Local Neighbourhood Watch schemes work in a variety of ways that reflect the needs of the local community. This includes: sharing crime prevention advice and information; running awareness campaigns; holding social events and awards for local people and businesses; leading community projects, such as litter picks, a community café, flood defence response, presentations in schools and work with young people and children and community messaging with the police. For further information on the work of the NHW and instructions on how to create or join a scheme, visit here – https://www.ourwatch.org.uk/
The Warwickshire Neighbourhood Watch page can be found here – http://warwickshirenwa.ourwatch.org.uk/
Here are a few crime prevention tips to deter vehicle crime.
- Always lock your vehicle. Whether it’s in the garage, on the driveway of your house, unattended for a few seconds or in an isolated car park, lock it and activate any alarm system.
- Always remove valuable items from the vehicle. If this cannot be done the items must be removed from view and secured in a glove box or boot.
- Fit an alarm that will activate on movement in the vehicle. An alarm that can notify you in real time that there is a problem is extremely useful.
- Items such as tools and machinery that cannot be removed can be secured in lockers and security marked with high visibility paint etc.
- If available, park your vehicle in a location that is covered by CCTV, overlooked by houses or is in an area that is in constant use.
- Use anti-theft screws and sticky pads for number plates. If you have a plate that is stolen, replace it with one that has a different design so it is distinguishable from the stolen plate.
- If you see or hear any suspicious activity around a car or car park, ring 101 to report straight away. Active crimes where the offenders are still at the scene can be reported on 999.
- For further advice visit – https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/cp/crime-prevention/theft-from-a-vehicle/