Alcester South SNT Update
- Vehicle Crime. Millers Close. Secure car broken into and items stolen including an apple IPod, charging cables and cash. Overnight 9th & 10th June. 0300 10/06/2019
- *Vehicle Crime. Millers Close. Secure car broken into and items stolen including a coat and handbag containing bank cards and passport. Overnight 9th & 10th June. 0176 10/06/2019
- *Vehicle Crime. Millers Close. Secure car broken into and items stolen including suitcase, sports bag, drill set, new dyson and bag containing clothes and passport. Overnight 9th & 10th June. 0152 10/06/2019 . Intel from the area suggest that there may have been four offenders that were in the close at around 1.20am 10th June.
- *Suspicious Circumstances. Pool Close. Persons seen to approach vehicle parked in the close. No offences disclosed at the time. This will relate to the thefts in Millers Close. Early hours of the 10th June. 0076 10/06/2019
Theft of vehicle number plates
Vehicle number plate theft is a national problem and has increased in recent years in part due to an increase in the use of Automatic Number Plate Recognition cameras. Offenders have looked at ways to hide the identities of their vehicles so they can engage in criminal activity whilst avoiding detection. Number plates are being stolen from vehicles of all makes, models and ages.
How to combat it –
- Non reversible screws have been developed to help combat this crime. The number plate screws are special one-way devices that cannot be unscrewed once fitted. Any attempt to steal the plate would require force, causing the plate to break. Therefore if the thief steals the plates, they are damaged in such a way that makes them useless for criminal purposes.
- Traditional number plates are fixed to vehicles using plastic bolts. If non-reversible screws are not available, it is recommended that double sided tape is used instead of plastic bolts. This makes the plate harder to remove and may well lead to the plate breaking and therefore rendering it useless if pulled off. When taking your vehicle for its next garage maintenance visit ask for your car number plates to be attached in this way.
- Check to see that your vehicle still has its number plates before and after you use it. If you find the plates gone, report to police straight away.