Main menu

Alcester South SNT Update

Welford Incidents

  • Anti Social Behaviour. Headland Road. Youths seen in school grounds. Police attended and spoke to a number of youths playing basketball. Advised and moved on. No offences disclosed at the time. 5.15pm Saturday 11th March. 0338 11/03/2017

 Counterfeit Money

Please be aware there has been a rise in the circulation of counterfeit notes across the county. If you would like a counterfeit detector pen please contact:- Alex Williams Business Crime Advisor, Community Safety and Substance Misuse, Community Services, Communities Group, Warwickshire County Council on 02476483163/ 07920814897 or email  . We understand that there has been a number of notes passed in Alcester and we advise retailers and business owners to report incidents of notes being passed on 101 straight away.

 Please be aware of one of the latest scam alert from Warwickshire Trading Standards

Retired homeowners are warned to beware of unexpected phone calls from sales people who are using scare tactics and claiming that the Government can take their home. These callers may attempt to give the impression that they are legally trained solicitors and that their services are free of charge. In reality however, they are sales people attempting to get homeowners to pay out potentially thousands of pounds to create trusts and similar legal devices with a view to protect a home or assets from being sold to pay for care fees.  Anyone receiving such a call should note: If you require legal advice, ensure you speak to an expert, for example a solicitor. Councils may view attempts to avoid residential care home fees in this way as deliberate deprivation of assets. Never buy goods or services from cold callers.

Using mobile phones when driving  – New Law

It’s illegal to use a hand-held phone or similar device while driving, or riding a motorcycle.  The rules are the same if you’re stopped at traffic lights or queuing in traffic. It’s also illegal to use a hand-held phone or similar device when supervising a learner driver or rider. You must stay in full control of your vehicle at all times. The police can stop you if they think you’re not in control because you’re distracted. This includes if you’re using devices like your sat nav or car radio. When you can use a phone in your vehicle.  If you’re the driver, you can only use your phone in a vehicle if you: need to call 999 or 112 in an emergency and it’s unsafe or impractical to stop. You are safely parked
Penalties for using your phone while driving – You could get 6 penalty points on your licence and a fine of £200. Your case could also go to court and you could be disqualified from driving or riding and get a maximum fine of £1,000. Drivers of buses or goods vehicles could get a maximum fine of £2,500.

 Latest Alcester South Community Priories Poll is now live

The latest on-line voting to set the Teams priorities for the next three months is now live and can be found on this link:-
Please vote for the suggestion that you would like to see adopted by the team as a priority until June. These suggestions are extra to the normal work carried out. The voting will be counted on the 14th March ready for the next Community Meeting – Tuesday 14 March 2017 at 6.30pm, main meeting 7pm, Venue: Bidford Parish Council Meeting Room, c/o Bidford Primary School, Bramley Way, B50 4QG.

Neighbour Hood Watch – Their Mission explained

“The aim is to bring neighbours together to create strong, friendly, active communities where crime and anti-social behaviour are less likely to happen.  Our vision is that of a caring society that is focused on trust and respect in which people are safe from crime and enjoy a good quality of life. Neighbourhood Watch is about making sure that no one has to feel afraid, vulnerable or isolated in the place where they live”. 

For more general information about NHW please visit the main website on –

We have several good and active NHW schemes being run across the Alcester area. If you want to join your local scheme let us know and we will pass on your details.

 Voluntary Bailiff Service – Environmental Agency.

Poaching and fish theft is a primary concern for all anglers – and protecting fish and fisheries is crucially important regardless of whether a coarse, game, or sea angler. The Fisheries Enforcement Campaign (FEC) and Voluntary Bailiff Service (VBS) provides a unique opportunity for people to get involved and play an important part. If you are interested in effecting positive change and supporting the Environment Agency (EA) and police in this challenging but essential task, please visit the following link for further information –

Alternatively please email the Midlands Regional Enforcement Manager on –

 Warwickshire Police and Crime Plan

Warwickshire Police and Crime Commissioner Philip Seccombe has unveiled his Police and Crime Plan for consultation with communities and partners across the county.  The plan, which aims to create a safer, more secure Warwickshire, sets out the Commissioner’s aims for the next four years and shows how he will work with Warwickshire Police, partner agencies and the public to improve crime and community safety. To view the plan, please click on the following link –

Warwickshire Police Specials
We are currently recruiting for Special Constables in Warwickshire. All kinds of people, from all walks of life, for all kinds of reasons volunteer to join Warwickshire Police Special Constabulary. It’s a way to get involved in policing and to give something back to the community. Special Constables are unpaid, part-time police officers who work in some of the most important areas of policing, using their spare time to make a difference. As a fully-trained Special Constable you will have full police powers, wear a police uniform and work alongside regular police officers and police staff.
You can choose to be a Special Constable in your area or choose to work as part of another local policing team. There are also opportunities for promotion, offering you prospects for developing your leadership and management skills. As a Special Constable you will be expected to commit to a minimum of 16 hours a month, although many people do significantly more. The hours can be flexible to fit around your work and home life, and it is guaranteed no two shifts will ever be the same. As a Special Constable you will be not paid for the role but you will receive full reimbursement for costs incurred for carrying out your duties.
Please click on this link for further information –

Contacting the Police

If you’ve been a witness to a crime, you should report it to the police straight away. Your information could be used to prevent other crimes and help keep other people safe.  There are different ways of reporting a crime. ALWAYS consider ringing the Police first before putting your concerns onto Social Media – this provides a quicker and better opportunity for the police to gather intelligence and attend the scene if required.
In an emergency always dial 999 – If you’ve just seen a serious crime being committed, then you should ring 999 as soon as possible. Your call should be answered within ten seconds. A trained staff member will ask you to describe what has happened and where you are. They may ask if you need any other emergency services, such as an ambulance. If the situation is an emergency, a police officer will come to the scene to talk to you. They’ll ask you to explain what happened, and they can help you decide what to do next.
Report non-emergency crimes –  If you want to report a minor crime that you witnessed, such as property being stolen, you could go to your nearest police station to report it, or call Warwickshire Police by dialling 101.
101 is for reporting crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response. For example, if:
You witness a car possibly being stolen
You notice property that has been damaged
You suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood
Or to:
Report a minor traffic collision
Give information about crime in your area
Make a general enquiry
How to report crime online – You can also report a crime online to Warwickshire Police via our online services.
Reporting a crime anonymously – If you want to report a crime, but you do not want to be identified to the police, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. Crimestoppers will ask questions about the crime you have information on but will never ask questions about you. If you are at all concerned your call could be traced, reassure yourself by dialling 141 before 0800 555 111, which blocks your phone number. Or use a phone box – it’s free. Because Crimestoppers is an 0800 number, calls are free from a landline and don’t show up on a BT or cable phone bill.   Alternatively, you can report a crime online anonymously with Crimestoppers.    Crimestoppers is an Independent Charity.
How to report anti-social behaviour – Ring 101. The first step is to speak to members of your local neighbourhood policing team. These teams work closely with residents to help stop anti-social behaviour, so they need to know what’s happening in your area. They can provide support and advice, and help you decide how to handle the situation. If you and your neighbour are tenants of a social landlord (the council or a housing association), you can also report it to your landlord. If the anti-social behaviour is affecting your quality of life, or making you fear for your safety or the safety of others, contact your local police station directly. Staff working there will help you file a complaint. If the problem is noise-related, your local council could become involved, as councils, rather than police, often deal with noise problems.
How to report a hate crime – The police and the courts treat hate crime very seriously. Hate crime is upsetting for victims and their friends and families, and creates hatred in communities.
Hate crime is any crime that is targeted at a person or group of people because of prejudice or hostility about:
Race – including culture, nationality and language
Religion and belief
Sexual orientation
Transgender identity – including anyone who is transsexual, transgender, transvestite or who holds a Gender Recognition Certificate
Disability – including physical or mental impairment, or learning disabilities
The police will treat hate crime as a priority. The courts can also impose a more severe sentence than for a similar crime with no hate motive. If you think you’ve witnessed hate crime, you should report it to us as soon as possible. By reporting it when you witness it, you may be able to prevent it happening again or to someone else. You will also help the police understand the extent of hate crime in your local area so they can respond to it better. If you do not want to go direct to the police, you can also report the crime online at
How do I report fraud? – You can report a fraud to Action Fraud any time of the day or night using their online fraud reporting tool or by calling 0300 123 2040.

Leave a Reply