- Burglary. Church Lane. Garden shed broken into. Nothing believed stolen at the time. Between 2nd & 7th October. 0257 07/10/2019
- Vehicle Crime. Mill Lane. Rear number plate stolen from car. Between 5th & 6th October. 0159 06/10/2019
Theft of number plates
Unfortunately the theft of number plates is a regular occurrence across our area and the country as a whole. They are re-used by criminals in order to ‘disguise’ vehicles. They can then travel around without being detected by the authorities or members of the public. There are a number of things that car owners can do to prevent or hinder the theft of their own number plates:-
- Anti-Theft Screws – These can only be removed by special tools once fitted. This will hinder any attempts of theft using normal tools.
- Strong double sided tape / Glue – This will fix the majority of the plate to the body work of the car and will often cause the plate to snap if forced off.
- Anti-Theft Plates – These are made so they will break apart if removed from the car with force.
- Check they are still there – A quick check to make sure the plates are still there before and after use will make sure that if they are stolen you can report to the police as soon as possible.