A discretionary fund has been set up to accommodate certain small businesses previously outside the scope of the business grant funds scheme.
The scheme aims to provide support for businesses through the Covid-19 pandemic in addition to the Small Business Grant and the Retail, Leisure and Hospitality Grant Funds, which remain open for eligible ratepayers to apply who have not yet claimed.
The Council is anticipating a huge demand for the Grants and therefore is setting a maximum limit of £10k.
❗️Applications can be made from Monday 8th June to Friday 26th June 2020 using our online form ❗️
The scheme will provide support to businesses that fall into a number of main priority areas :
1.Bed & Breakfasts which pay Council Tax
2.Small businesses in shared offices or other flexible workspaces,
3.Regular market traders with fixed building costs
4.Charity properties in receipt of charitable business rates relief
However the Council is accepting applications from other Businesses significantly affected by Covid 19 who :
- are suppliers reliant on the retail hospitality and leisure industry who were not included within the original scheme.
- have a Rateable Value greater than £15k but are outside of the retail, leisure and hospitality sectors
- have a Rateable Value marginally greater than £51k but could be considered as a small business
- are a Small Business who are not eligible for Small Business Rate Relief as they occupy a second property with a combined value below £15k
- are a business unique to the tourism sector within the Stratford District.
To apply go to: